Search Icon Change Language Heart Outline Heart Solid Star Tick Follow Events Jersey Unmute - Custom Unmute Mute Pause Play Play Jersey Events Facebook Jersey Events LinkedIn Jersey Events Twitter Jersey Events YouTube Jersey Events Pinterest Jersey Events Instagram Contact Email Contact Telephone Contact Twitter Contact LinkedIn Downloads Functon Rooms Rooms Key Facts 1 - Plane Key Facts 2 - Flight Time Key Facts 3 - Airports Key Facts 4 - London Key Facts 5 - 35 Minutes Key Facts 6 - Ferries Key Facts 7 - Luggage Key Facts 8 - Walking Key Facts 9 - Seasons (1) Key Facts 9 - Seasons (2) Key Facts 9 - Seasons (3) Key Facts 10 - Pound Key Facts 11 - Beds Key Facts 12 - Hotels Key Facts 13 - Restaurants Key Facts 14 - Beaches Key Facts 15 - Hiking

Frequently Asked Questions


Q. What permissions do I need to hold a public event?

You will require public entertainment licensing. The Bailiff, under common law powers permits public entertainment in Jersey. This means that, generally, if you want to hold a public event, you must apply for a permit to do so.

If your event takes place on public roads will require permission from:

• Department for Infrastructure.

• The Parish Connétable(s) for the Parish in which the event takes place.

• Events that take place on private land will require permission from the landowner.

For full information on organising public events in Jersey please visit:

In all cases an event plan, risk assessment and appropriate levels of insurance will need to be presented. Contact information Bailiffs Chambers Tel: +44 (0) 1534 441 100 Email: [email protected]

Q. Do I need event insurance?

All public events operating in Jersey must demonstrate that they have adequate Public Liability Insurance before they will be permitted an event permit.

Before purchasing insurance, event organisers from overseas should ensure that their insurance policy covers the Channel Islands. The Channel Islands are not part of the UK or members of the European Union and may be specifically excluded from cover that is available for events that are operating in the UK.

Q. Who do I need to speak to about road closures?

Roads in Jersey are either managed by the Department for Infrastructure (DfI)or by the Parish in which the road exists. Jersey has twelve Parishes, a full list of Parishes is available at Requests to close roads for events in Jersey must be supported with a full event plan, risk assessment and appropriate levels of insurance to operate the event.

Contact Information Department for Infrastructure Tel: +44 (0) 1534 445509 Email: [email protected]

Q. What is the guidance for on importing goods for events?

Three different duties and taxes are collected on imported goods:

1. Excise duty on alcohol, tobacco and fuel

2. Common Customs Tariff (CCT). This is charged on all goods imported from outside the European Union (EU). To find out how much you will need to pay visit trade tariff on GOV.UK

3. Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5% is calculated on the combined value. If the combined value of your goods is over £240, you must declare and pay the GST and any excise duties (if applicable).

This includes:

• The purchase price and a goods value at import.

• Insurance, commission, packing and freight.

• All taxes and duties applied before and on arrival, such as VAT, CCT and excise. If the combined GST, excise duty and CCT is £12 or less, Jersey Customs won’t normally charge you. This figure of £12 is called the de minimis.

The de minimis level is the minimum amount of GST collected on imported goods. The de minimis level is for private individuals, not businesses. It is an administrative provision, and not a right, it can be removed at any time by the Jersey Customs and Immigration Service.

If you order multiple items that arrive as one shipment on the same day, Jersey Customs treat this as a single delivery for customs duty purposes. Any goods imported by freight will be detained by the shipper until duty is paid.

There is an extra duty charged on certain items imported from the USA. For more information, check the EU Council Regulation 673/2005 and 632/2006.

Contact information Customs and Immigration (including import GST) Tel: +44 (0) 1534 448000 Fax: + 44 (0) 1534 448071 Email: [email protected] Address: Jersey Customs & Immigration Service, Maritime House, La Route du Port Elizabeth, St Helier, Jersey, JE1 1JD

Q. Are there Sunday trading laws in Jersey?

Sunday trading permits are granted by the Constable of each parish, who will consider whether a commercial opening will cause undue disruption, traffic congestion, noise etc. Deliveries to event sites on Sunday will also be limited at the Constable’s discretion. A full list of Parishes is available at

Q. How can I find a registered caterer?

Jersey has an array of high quality, creative outside caterers. When using an outside caterer in Jersey, event organisers should first check to see that Caterers are registered with the Environmental Health Department in Jersey (or local authority if based off island).

Every registered food business in Jersey gets a food safety audit and star rating, as part of the Eat Safe Jersey scheme, based on compliance with the Jersey Food Law and the Food Standards Agency (FSA) Food Safety Code of Practice. After a food safety audit, a business will receive a star rating; ratings are awarded from two to five stars, with five being the best. Businesses are inspected anywhere between every six months to five years, depending on their level of risk and compliance.

Contact information Environmental Health Tel: +44 (0) 1534 44580 Email: [email protected] Address: Department of the Environment, Environmental Health Section, Maison Le Pape, The Parade, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3PU

Q. Can I erect promotional signage and banners?

The Department for Infrastructure (DfI) manages banner sites for events in St Helier, Jersey’s capital. For full information on advertising banner spaces for events please visit:

In addition, each Parish may also offer sites for promotional banners. A full list of Parishes is available at:

Q. Is aerial photography of my event allowed?

Jersey has a number of ‘licensed drone pilots’ who are able to supply aerial photography services:

Bam Perspectives Social: @BamPerspectivesJersey Email: [email protected] Site:

Studio M Tel +44 (0) 1534 888 800 Email: [email protected] Site:

Q. What are the entry requirements for travellers from the UK?

There are no immigration controls between the United Kingdom and Jersey for British passport holders. A passport is not required for immigration purposes. However photographic ID is required by airlines and ferry companies and may be requested by on island customs and immigration personnel or police officers. It is advisable to check with airlines and ferry companies to see which form of photo ID is acceptable.

For European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) nationals already in the United Kingdom, the rules are the same as above. Valid photographic ID will be required.

For non-EU passport / identity card holders who are in the UK legally and who will be travelling according to immigration permissions will not need a separate visa to travel to Jersey. Photographic ID should be carried however and it might also be useful to bring a letter from the Home Office confirming UK residential status.

Q. What are the entry requirements for travellers from outside the UK?

British citizens must show a valid British passport to immigration control on arrival in Jersey.

All European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) nationals must show a valid passport to immigration control on arrival in Jersey. However, there is one exception for people travelling to Jersey on a day return trip with Condor Ferries or Manche Ile Express, who have a valid French national identity card (within the validity dates printed on the card) travelling between 22 April 2023 and 30 September 2023 inclusive.

All non-European and non-EEA nationals arriving from abroad must show a valid passport to immigration control on arrival in Jersey. Further information can be found:

Q. Do travellers need a visa to enter Jersey?

Visas may be required dependent on nationality. The Jersey visa requirements are the same as the UK visa requirements. Entry may be refused without the necessary visa. This applies to all passengers regardless of age. More information can be found here:

Q. How will the tides impact my event?

Jersey has one of the largest tidal ranges in the world. The Island almost doubles in size at low water and so when planning events on a beach or in the sea, event organisers need to take great care and plan very carefully. Please view the Jersey tide timetable at:

Q. Do I need special permissions to hold a public collection at my event?

Holding collections in public places requires the permission of the Bailiff under Customary Law powers. A person who collects in public without the Bailiff’s permission is acting contrary to the Law. Anyone seeking permission to collect in public must make such a request in writing. Details must be given of the proposed time and place of the collection, with the name of the organisation that will benefit.

Bailiff’s permission. If permission is granted for a collection, a letter of authority will be issued subject to the following conditions:

• The name of the beneficiary of the collection is clearly displayed.

• The collection is taken in a container with a closed lid

• A copy of the letter of authority is retained by those taking the collection.

• The Parish in which the collection is taking place has been consulted.

A copy of the letter will be sent to the States of Jersey Police. The Bailiff may, within 14 days of the collection, require a receipt of the proceeds of the collection from the charity concerned.

Q. Do I need special permissions to hold a raffle at my event?

With regard to the conduct of raffles, or any other activity dependent on chance, the Gambling and Lottery Office should be contacted for further advice.